28 Food & Drink Safety Directors In 1 Day Share Unmissable, Proactive Food Safety Insights!
Hard-Hitting, Effective Approaches To Eliminate Internal & External Risks & Threats To Consumers & Businesses From Allergens, Fraud & Vulnerabilities Throughout Supply Chains For Robust, Proactive & Advanced Food & Drink Safety Strategies. Reduce Risks & Ensure Product Authenticity & Quality Through Effective Allergen Strategies, Traceable, Transparent Supply Chain Management, Powerful Safety Cultures, The Latest Tech & Microbial Testing To Drive Down Food Fraud & Keep Pace With Regulatory Changes.
A One-Day, Brand-Led Conference & Networking Event, 9th June 2021, Central London.
PROACTIVE ALLERGEN CONTROLS
09:10 Ensure Consumer Safety With Effective & Compliant Allergen Control Strategies
- With Natasha’s Law imminent, how can companies ensure their allergen labelling is prepared for the change, and ensure regulatory compliance?
- What are the latest scientific breakthroughs to minimise the risk of cross-contamination and drive consumer confidence in your products?
- How can we go above and beyond labelling to ensure customers are effectively informed about allergens, and direct them to the best information possible?
Rentia Smit, Quality Lead, Taco Bell Europe
ALLERGENS – ADVISORY BOARD - Q&A PANEL
09:30 Your Questions Answered! Our Expert Panel Debate The Key Issues In Labelling, Traceability & Testing To Decrease Risks & Reduce Recalls
- How can technology help food safety professionals keep track of allergen information, and ensure this spreads throughout the supply chain?
- Communication is key! How can companies ensure employees are bought into the importance of food safety to ensure compliant products for consumers every time?
- With so many different sources of information about allergens, how can food safety professionals cut through the noise to find the correct information they need to ensure products are safe and compliant?
SUPPLY CHAIN TRACEABILITY
10:00 Ensure Authenticity & Reduce The Risk Of Food Fraud To Sustain Quality & Traceability Standards Throughout Global Supply Chains
- From auditing systems to blockchain, discover the latest technology advancements to improve authenticity, traceability and security in food supply
- Best-practice measures to drive transparency between businesses in complex chains
- With business-critical information passing through supply chains, what steps can be taken to build and maintain trust between supply networks?
- From Brexit to Covid-19 to changing political landscapes, how can we navigate uncertainty to provide certainty on our ingredients and product integrity?
Antonio Nespoli, Global Quality & Food Safety Governance & Thermal Process Authority Director, Barilla Group
10:20 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
FOOD SAFETY CULTURE - Q&A PANEL
10:50 Implement Effective Tactics To Drive An Internal Culture Of Food Safety & Go Above & Beyond Regulatory Targets
- Quick tips and tricks to boost employees’ awareness of food safety across multiple sites
- How can food safety be embedded as a critical element of a business at all times and drive a culture where it is a top priority
- How can culture be effectively measured to prove the success of your strategy?
- With staff changeover inevitable between audits, ensure that the steps needed to drive a positive safety culture have filtered through to every employee
Daniel Image-Flower, Formerly Head of Food Safety, WHSmith
Linda Cudjoe, Head of Food Safety & Technical, Harrods
Jonathon Bayne, Technical Manager, Waitrose & Partners
Linda Calite, Technical Manager, Jordans Dorset Ryvita
Idwin Bouman, Director of Quality Assurance, Monster Energy
Anna Pozarova, QA Technologist, Pukka Pies
FOOD FRAUD - Breakout Sessions
11:50 Remove Threats & Drive Product Quality End-To-End Throughout Complex & Shifting Supply Chains
12:35 Discover The Latest Innovations In Food Safety & New Technologies To Enhance & Simplify Food Safety Practices
- With new tech advancements emerging constantly, how can businesses decipher which can demonstrably boost food safety and have long-lasting impact on standards?
- How can digital auditing systems improve data security and traceability throughout the supply chain?
- With blockchain having been on the radar in recent years, how can we decide if it truly is the future of food safety or just a flash in the pan?
- Uncover advances in temperature monitoring to drive safety standards and protect consumers
12:55 Lunch For Delegates, Speakers & Partners
13:55 Afternoon Chair’s Opening Remarks
Dr Bizhan Pourkomailian, Global Restaurant & Distribution Food Safety Director, McDonald’s
COVID-19 & EMERGING THREATS
14:05 Stay Ahead Of The Curve To Protect Consumers & Proactively Tackle The Food Safety Threats Of Tomorrow
- Employ stringent methods to protect food integrity during health outbreaks and drive food integrity at times of crisis
- With food trends like veganism on the rise, how can we ensure cross-contamination of food is compliant with consumers’ ethical choices as well as their health concerns?
- What risks could companies face around fill-your-own schemes, and how can these be alleviated in the early stages of this emerging trend?
Speaker to be announced. Please check the website for details.
CASE STUDY WITH FORTRESS TECHNOLOGY & AIB
14.25 Food Safety In A Virtual World
Maintaining food safety and integrity while prioritising the health and safety of food manufacturing teams has been a double test for global processors during these unprecedented times.
Having worked collaboratively for several decades, Fortress Technology and AIB International share their insider insight, practical measures and remote process optimisation strategies in foreign material control and routine food safety audits.
History suggests that pandemics of this scale will not be one-offs. Future preparedness will be essential. Hear from renowned expert and Vice President of Food Safety for Europe, Asia, and Africa (EAA), AIB International, Jeff Wilson, and Fortress Technology Managing Director Phil Brown how:
- Food companies - from listed multinationals to SMEs - have maintained due diligence continuity, mitigated contamination risks and elevated resilience by accessing the latest virtual support
- Digital advances in diagnostics and metal detector, checkweigher and x-ray technology, and how these are keeping contaminants out of the supply chain
- Smart data can pinpoint other processing inefficiencies to save money and time, slash manufacturing food waste, reduce product giveaway and address food sustainability globally
- The latest technology maintains compliance with international food laws, FMSA Preventative Controls, HACCP guidance and Codes of Practice.
More has been achieved in 12 months than 12 years. Discover more and hear our how companies have learned to prepare and pivot to new food safety models in a virtual world.
INDUSTRY-LED HOT TOPICS
14:55 Industry Experts Decipher The Latest Updates On Labelling, Regulation & Recalls For Specific Food Sectors To Enhance Safety & Protect Consumers
Elena Talaiporou, Supplier Quality Manager, Lavazza Professional
Alexis Guest, Group Technical Manager, Dalziel Ltd
C) Food Service
BREXIT – NEW TRADE, NEW FRONTIERS
15:25 Sustain High Standards During Uncertain Times To Take Advantage Of New Opportunities Whilst Delivering Compliant Products To Consumers & Suppliers
- With the transition period in full swing, how can we mitigate against any threats to food integrity or safety post-Brexit?
- Ensure supply chain authenticity isn’t affected by possible changes in import/export rules and maintaining ongoing relationships in changing times
- With new markets opening up in the wake of Brexit, what opportunities are available to food brands and how can we ensure that safety standards are kept
high at this time?
15:45 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
16:15 Updates On The Latest Testing Innovations To Streamline Processes & Reduce Risk To Customers
- What new testing methods are emerging to help drive accuracy and speed during testing?
- Listeria hysteria! With cases on the rise, discover new methods of prevention to protect consumers from harm
- How can the development of bacteria typing help create advanced testing procedures and enhance safety standards?
Lalitha Sivasundaram, Head of Technical, Taiko Foods Ltd
REGULATORY UPDATE - Q&A PANEL
16:35 Keep Pace With The Latest Regulatory Changes To Ensure Compliance & Quality Across The Board
- Regulators vs. Retailers: With different standards set by auditors on both sides, how can companies take stock of the requirements to set and achieve the highest food safety standards possible?
- What are the implications of Brexit on food safety regulations, and how can we prepare for the future?
- With complex legislation focusing on different areas of the food industry, how can professionals ensure they have the correct regulatory information to ensure they’re keeping customers safe and preventing recalls?
Liz Colebrook, Global SRA Director, Food Safety, Mars Inc.
Claudia Mucciardi, Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs - EMEA, Glanbia Performance Nutrition
Jeremy Lockley, Senior Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Five Guys International
Deb Jayaprakash, Technical Manager, Artisan du Chocolat
17:05 Afternoon Chair’s Closing Remarks
Dr Bizhan Pourkomailian, Global Restaurant & Distribution Food Safety Director, McDonald’s
17:10 Close Of Conference
40 Food & Drink Brands In One Day Reveal Unstoppable Food & Drink Trends & Innovations For Best-Selling Products & Attention-Grabbing Marketing: Capitalise On Critical Vegan, Plant-Based, Health, Sustainability, Convenience & Retail Trends For Captivating Products That Excite Shoppers With The Latest Flavours, Ingredients & International Cuisines, On-Trend Packaging, Profitable NPD Strategies & Engaging Marketing Campaigns
A One-Day, Brand-Led Conference & Networking Event, 15th September 2020, Cavendish Conference Centre, London.